Property crime is a common type of criminal offense in Arizona. Crimes that are considered property crimes include burglary, theft, larceny, robbery, shoplifting, arson, and vandalism. Often, individuals do not know the severity of their criminal actions when they commit a property crime. Some serious penalties for committing Arizona property crimes include jail or prison time, high compensation fees, a criminal record and ineligibility to pursue certain professions, jobs, or educational opportunities. If you have been charged with a property crime, Mesa AZ criminal defense attorney Charlie Naegle is here to help.
What Are the Consequences?
According to Property Crime Law AZ, the severity of your sentence is determined by the value of the property that was damaged or stolen.
- If the value of the property taken is less than $1000, you will have to face a maximum punishment of 6 months in jail, which is the lowest-level theft offense under Arizona Law.
- If the property is valued at $1000 – $2000, it is punishable by up to 1 year in prison (class 6 felony).
- Similarly, if the value of the property taken is between $2000 – $3000, you will be facing up to 1 ½ yearsin prison (class 5 felony).
- The theft of property valued at $3000 – $4000 is punishable up to 2 ½ years in prison (class 4 felony).
- If the property is valued at $4000 – $25000 the potential sentence is 3 ½ years in prison (class 3 felony).
- The most serious classification is property valued at $25,000 or more, which is punishable by 5 years in prison (class 2 felony).
Whatever criminal charges you face, hiring an experienced Mesa property crime attorney will give you a better chance at a lesser sentence and a brighter future. With the expertise of Mesa AZ criminal defense attorneyCharlie Naegle on your side, your penalties will be significantly reduced or even dropped altogether. (See some of Charlie’s recent successes here.) Charlie will work hard to build a strong defense in your favor and help you get your life back on track.
Working with Mesa AZ Criminal Defense Attorney
Charlie Naegle works personally with each of his clients to get to know their story. He is the Property Crime Attorney Arizona residents trust to defend them in their time of need. Charlie has decades of experience successfully defending the criminally accused by challenging the facts and powerfully negotiating arrangements for restitution and possible alternatives to criminal punishment.