Anyone out there remember Bill Nye? Otherwise known as “Bill Nye the Science Guy”? If you grew up in the late 1980’s, early 1990’s you probably watched his quirky show, all about crazy, do-it-yourself, kid science projects. Well, the science guy is now wrapped up in a lawsuit with his ex-girlfriend, Blair Tindall. Nye is demanding that Tindall pay him $57,000 for the legal fees he racked up when taking legal action against her for “stalker-ish” behavior following their 2006 breakup. During that time, Nye says she stole a computer from his home and sent defamatory emails to his contacts. He also believes she put herbicide on his rose bushes. Nye received a restraining order stating that Tindall had to stay at least 100 yards away from him. When she broke that order, Nye hired legal help to have it enforced, thus resulting in the $57,000.
In Arizona, restraining orders are called Orders of Protection or Injunctions. They are intended to stop an abuser from committing a violent act against you. There are several different types of Orders that can be filed depending on the situation at hand. They are each explained briefly below:
- Domestic Violence Order of Protection – A civil order that provides protection from a family or household member.
- Injunction Against Harassment – A court order that protects you from someone who is harassing you.
- Injunction Against Workplace Harassment – If you are being harassed at work, your employer can file for an Injunction Against Workplace Harassment (IAWH) to keep the abuser away from your workplace.
- Moving to Another State with an Order of Protection – This ensures your order can be enforceable wherever you move.
- Enforcing an Out-of-State Order in Arizona – If you are planning to move to Arizona or are going to be in Arizona for any reason, your protection or restraining order can be enforced.
If you have questions about any of these, or if you are facing charges relating to an Order of Protection violation in Arizona, contact Arizona criminal defense attorney Mesa AZ, Charlie Naegle. Charlie Naegle is an Arizona Criminal Defense Attorney who works with individuals in Mesa, Tempe, Chandler, Phoenix, Gilbert, Apache Junction, Scottsdale and Glendale.
Naegle & Crider Criminal Defense Attorneys has offices in Mesa, Arizona and Phoenix, Arizona for convenient access across the Phoenix metropolitan area. For more information or to schedule your free, confidential, 24/7 consultation, call480-245-5550 immediately.