We Never Give Up on Our Clients
Child molestation is a serious offense, both in Arizona and throughout the nation. Due to the nature of these cases, and the fact that children are a particularly vulnerable group, prosecutors will often seek the maximum penalties possible with a conviction. If you have been accused of child molestation or a similar sex crime, it is crucial that you speak to an attorney as soon as possible. At Naegle Law Firm, our Mesa child molestation lawyer has over 13 years of experience and can fight tirelessly to ensure that your rights are protected.
Understanding Arizona’s Child Molestation Laws
Arizona, much like the rest of the United States, has specific, very strict laws regarding sexual misconduct with a minor or child molestation.
Here are some things you should know about child molestation laws in Arizona:
- Child molestation is defined as sexual contact or sexual acts between a person of any age and someone younger than 15.
- Sexual penetration is not required for someone to be charged with child molestation.
- Causing someone else to engage in sexual acts with someone who is 14 years of age or younger can result in child molestation charges.
- Not knowing a person’s age (for example, if a person lies and says they are older than 14) is not a valid defense to child molestation charges.
- Child molestation crimes are typically charged as class 2 felonies, with penalties ranging from prison time to mandatory sex offender registration to fines and restitution.
Even though you may feel hopeless in the face of societal stigma regarding child sex crimes, it is important to remember that you are innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. This is your right under the U.S. Constitution and, at Naegle Law Firm, we are committed to protecting your rights.
Our Firm Can Fight for You
If you have been accused of child molestation, reach out to Naegle Law Firm as soon as possible. Our Mesa child molestation lawyer, Charlie Naegle, can help you clearly understand your rights and legal options and help you build a defense aimed at protecting your future and your freedom. We understand exactly what is at stake, and we are here to fight for you.
Call (480) 245-5550 today to request your free, confidential consultation.
The post Mesa Child Molestation Lawyer appeared first on Naegle Law Firm, PLC.