February has been filled with big sporting events here in Phoenix. In light of the PGA Phoenix Open, NFL Super Bowl XLIX, and upcoming March Madness and spring training games, Mesa DUI attorney Charlie Naegle reminds Arizonans of the importance of drinking responsibly. Arizona has one of the strictest drinking and driving policies in the United States. Our growing police force is dedicated to detaining and deterring dangerous individuals from driving under the influence for the protection of society. Here are some tips from a Mesa DUI attorney at Naegle & Crider Criminal Defense Attorneys on drinking responsibly during this exciting time of year.
Things to Think Before You Drink
Make a game plan before planning or attending a party.
- If you host a party on game day and provide alcohol, take people’s keys at the door. Make sure everyone has a place to sleep for the night. While ultimately it is every person’s duty to drink responsibly and refrain from driving if intoxicated, you can encourage others to abide by state and federal laws.
- If attending a party where you will be drinking, make arrangements for a taxi or designate a sober driver before your leave your house for the night to ensure the safety of yourself and others.
- Drink in a safe environment where you won’t be encouraged to binge drink or keep up with others. If possible, enlist a close friend to tell you when you’ve had enough, and you do the same for them.
- Go at your own pace. Listen to your body when it tells you you’ve had enough to drink.
- Do not, under any circumstances, enter a vehicle where the driver has been drinking.
- Avoid dangerous situations, such as driving home with strangers. The most convenient choices are not always the smartest choices.
There are plenty of ways to enjoy yourself and drink safely while attending big events where alcohol is served. The best way to do this is by staying with someone you trust to keep you safe. DUI charges are messy and will undoubtedly cause complications in your future.
Beat DUI Charges with the Help of a Mesa DUI Attorney
If you or someone you love has been arrested for a criminal DUI, call the Mesa DUI attorney that residents revere and respect. Charlie Naegle is an experienced criminal defense attorney dedicated to assisting the Mesa/Gilbert community with all their legal needs. To schedule a free, anytime, anywhere consultation, contact Naegle & Crider Criminal Defense Attorneys today.