Litter bugs take note! ARS 12-1603 states that it is possible for you to be accused of criminal littering or polluting in the state of Arizona if, without lawful authority you unlawfully:
- Throw, place, drop or permit the dropping of, on public property or property belonging to another person, any destructive or injurious material of which you do not immediately remove;
- Release or permit the release of any sewage, oil products or other harmful substances into the water or shorelines within the state; or
- Dump earth, soil, stones, ores or minerals on any land/area.
The possible punishments for criminal littering and/or polluting in the state of Arizona can be charged as follows:
- Class 6 felony – if a knowing violation occurred in which the amount of litter or prohibited material/substance exceeds 300lbs in weight or one hundred cubic feet in volume or is done in any quantity for a commercial purpose;
- Class 1 misdemeanor – if the act of littering or polluting involves any destructive or injurious material on or within 50ft of a highway, beach, shoreline or other public body of water.
If you have questions or concerns about an issue involving criminal pollution or criminal littering in Arizona, Call 480-245-5550 to schedule your free anytime, anywhere consultation with AZ Criminal Law Attorney,Charlie Naegle, or use the form below and someone from the firm will be in touch with you shortly. When you hire the Naegle & Crider Criminal Defense Attorneys, you work directly with Charlie Naegle. Work with a firm where you are treated like an individual, not a number.