Skip to Content
Call Us Today! 480-245-5550

Sealing your Juvenile Criminal Record


In the state of Arizona, there is actually a way to destroy, seal, and legally erase a juvenile criminal record. Certain criteria must be met to be eligible, but this can be an extremely helpful process to getting your life back on track. With the expertise and experience of Mesa criminal defense attorney, Charlie Naegle, to answer your questions and be your legal liaison, you could be on your way to feeling the freedom of opportunity in no time.

Roughly 80% of employers use background checks to screen potential employees, and most job and rental home applications ask if you’ve ever been convicted of a crime or felony. Finally being able to check the “No” box may be the biggest relief you’ve felt in years. Having a criminal record for a mistake you made in your youth can be devastating to your future opportunities, which is why Mesa criminal defense attorney, Charlie Naegle, is here to help.

What does “sealing your records” mean?

Sealing your records means that they can be hidden from public view, following all necessary court procedures. While this does not completely expunge the record, you will be able to lawfully tell an employer that the charges have been dismissed and the record will not be accessible through publicly accessible without a court order.


The sealing laws in Arizona are designed for special circumstances and as such, there are quite a few criteria that must be met.

  1. Be 18 or older
  2. No felony conviction as an adult
  3. Were not charged with any of the following as a juvenile delinquent:
    • Armed Robbery
    • Chronic Felony Offender
    • Underage DUI
    • First or Second Degree Murder
    • Sexual Assault
    • Violent Offenses
  4. Successfully completed probation
  5. All fines and restitution monies paid
  6. No other pending charges against you

If your juvenile criminal record shows you were charged with any of the above offenses, you may still be entitled to the sealing of your records, but you must be at least 25 years old, and maintain all the other criteria above. It must also be “in the interest of justice” to have your records destroyed.

Hire a Mesa Criminal Defense Attorney

For more information on how to seal or destroy your juvenile criminal record, contact Mesa criminal defense attorney, Charlie Naegle, today. Take advantage of Naegle & Crider Criminal Defense Attorneys’s free phone consultation by calling (480) 378-9000. Our team will work hard to help you get your life back on track in no time.

Share To: