Skip to Content
Call Us Today! 480-245-5550

Finding Work in Arizona with a Criminal Record


One of the toughest obstacles a convicted felon faces even after he/she has served their sentence in prison or on probation is finding work in Arizona with a criminal record. Having a conviction on your record will have a major impact on what type of job you’ll be able to get. Most companies now perform background checks when hiring new employees and if you have a conviction in your past, it will most likely show up.

Unfortunately, it’s not just violent offenders and felons who are affected. Potential employers are turning down people with misdemeanors or old convictions on their records.

A criminal record combined with a tough economy can make the prospect of finding a new job feel next to impossible.

There is hope

Fortunately, a conviction doesn’t have to lead to lifetime of unemployment and stress. There are solutions. In the state of Arizona, a convicted criminal can have their judgments expunged from their records. When a judgment is expunged, it is basically set aside and prevents the public from gaining access to most of your record.

Once you have judgment expunged from your record, basic background checks will not pick up on the conviction on your record. You’ll be able to indicate on applications for work that you have not been convicted of a crime in Arizona. Even more involved background checks will show that you’ve had your judgment set aside or expunged.

Most criminal offenses, including felonies, misdemeanors, and juvenile crimes can be expunged. Typically, you’ll be notified that you can have your judgment set aside once you have completed the sentence for your offense.

Get your life back on track

There are some specific requirements and rules regarding expungement. An experienced and supportive attorney can help you make sense of these requirements and get your life back on track as soon as possible. A qualified Arizona Expungement Attorney such as Charlie Naegle will develop the best defense strategy for your case.

By presenting strong evidence, collecting thorough documentation, and carefully presenting an explanation of your clear record since your conviction, your attorney will help present a case to the judge to help you get your judgments set aside.

Let Naegle & Crider Criminal Defense Attorneys help you get back to where things were before your conviction. Give us a call today for a free consultation.

Share To: