If you find yourself charged with any drug crimes in Mesa Arizona, it’s important that you contact an experienced Drug Defense Attorney as soon as possible. There are several types of drug laws that can be violated and having someone who understands the law and how the system works will definitely help your chances of either having the charges dismissed or having the penalty lessened.
Typically, drug laws are broken down into the following categories:
- Drug Manufacturing – this includes growing, cultivating and creating drugs – both marijuana and methamphetamines. In order to obtain a conviction for this offense, the state must prove that the defendant manufactured dangerous drugs or packaged or labeled containers for dangerous drugs.
- Drug Possession – you can be charged with possession if you have any of the following: marijuana, cocaine, crack, heroin, methamphetamines and other prescription drugs without a prescription. Currently, the country offers zero-tolerance towards drug offenders including possession.
- Drug Sales – these charges would include the selling or distributing of any illegal drugs. You can also be charged if there is evidence showing that you were conspiring to sell or distribute drugs.
- Drug Transportation – transportation and the distribution of dangerous drugs, drug trafficking, is a very serious offense in Arizona, likely because of the state’s close proximity to an international boarder. A prosecutor will attempt to prove that the drugs were transported for sale by using evidence such as the quantity of drugs, the way the drugs were packaged, the presence of scales or ledgers, or other relevant evidence.
- Prescription Drug Fraud – this trending crime continues to trouble lawmakers and law enforcers. Charges include using fake or forged prescriptions or misusing legitimate prescription forms.
If you have been charged with any of the crimes listed above, be sure to call an attorney right away to make sure that your rights are fully protected. The Naegle Law firm is dedicated to defending all individuals or juveniles who are facing these serious charges. Do not attempt to face the judge on your own. Experienced drug possession attorney Charlie Naegle attorney will fight to get you results.